In the Pastor’s Lounge and the Study Center, you will find bookcases stocked with books about ministry topics, and commentaries to help you with sermon preparation. Feel free to come in and use them any time we are open Monday – Friday, 10am – 8pm.
We are adding books all the time, in both English and Spanish. Here is a selection of what you will find:
- Brazos Theological Commentary on the Bible (Brazos Press): Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Ezra and Nehemiah, 2 Samuel, Psalms 1-50, Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, Song of Songs, Matthew, Luke, Acts, 1 & 2, Peter, Pastoral Epistles.
- Teach the Text Commentary Series (Baker): Exodus, Leviticus & Numbers, Joshua, Judges & Ruth, Daniel, Job, Psalms 1-72, Ecclesiastes & Song of Songs, Jeremiah & Lamentations, Matthew, Mark, Luke, 1 Corinthians, Romans, James 1-2 Peter & Jude, Revelation.
- The IVP New Testament Commentary Series (InterVarsity Press): Colossians & Philemon, 2 Corinthians, 1-2 Timothy & Titus, Ephesians.
- New International Bible Commentary (Zondervan): 1-2 Timothy, Titus, Luke.
Books on Preaching and Ancient Israel:
- Adventuring Through the Bible: New Testament and Old Testament, by Ray C. Stedman (Discovery House, 1997) [study and discussion guides, charts, maps, timelines, photos]
- Ancient Judaism, by Max Weber (The Free Press, 1952)
- Biblical Preaching, 3rd Edition: The Development and Delivery of Expository Messages, by Haddon W. Robinson (Baker Academic, 2014)
- Encountering God Through Expository Preaching: Connecting God’s People to God’s Presence Through God’s Word, by Jim Scott, Brian Payne, Ryan Fullerton (B&H Academic, 2017)
- Manners and Customs in the Bible: An Illuminated Guide to Daily Life in Bible Times, 3rd Ed., by Victor H. Matthews (Baker Academic, 2006)
- Tony Evans’ Book of Illustrations: Stories, Quotes and Anecdotes from more than 30 years of preaching and public speaking, by Tony Evans (Moody, 2009)
- Zondervan 2017 Pastor’s Annual: A One-Volume Preaching Library, by T.T. Crabtree (Zondervan, 2017)